When compared to getting users to not only install your applications but to also stay active, then building the application is easy. It is often said that when you build it, then the users will come. How untrue a statement.
There is no gainsaying; it is real work to get users to use your application. However, it is possible to have millions of users using your app every day – others have done it, you can too. The question that arises is how to go about building the app user acquisition strategy. Well, to get the results you want, you have to combine both organic and paid methods.
Like any other working strategy, your app advertising acquisition strategies have no “one size fits all” plan. It’s a combination of steps and actions put together to achieve a common goal – actives users on your app.
It is no news that quite a lot of people in the world today use their mobile devices a lot and of course, mobile applications take most of the time people use with their devices. Now, how do you get to put your app in front of your target audience? The answer isn’t far away. Follow the steps below.
The importance of segmentation in advertising your app cannot be overemphasized. You don’t want to be wasting money and resources advertising to people that are not interested in the features of your app. When you target a specific audience, rather than having a wide range of users, you will get more results.
However, segmenting your potential users can be a hurdle too high to cross, especially for app developers and owners. Below are some of the tips that will help you segment your users regardless of the platform you intend to use to advertise.
- Use current users’ review to attract new users;
- Work on the important attributes like country and gender, then use it to your advantage;
- Build at least 3 different segments with specific goals for each;
- Test every segment and focus on what works.
Segmentation can be a lot of work, but it will save you a lot of resources and several days of headaches that bugs won’t give you. It is important that you track every move your users make, and the potential ones to understand their behavior so that you can improve.
Select the Right Ad Format
After you’ve done your users segmentation right, the next step you should take is to have the right ad format. Your app can be better than the most popular in its niche, but it won’t be useful if only you and your team are aware of that.
And one of the ways to get things right is by selecting the right ad format. In the market today, there are four most popular in-app ad formats that app marketers have found useful. They are videos, playable, rewarded ads and banners.
Each of these ad formats is unique in their ways and require separate capabilities for app integration. It then becomes important to ensure that the advertising platform you intend to use is able to deliver in a high-quality resolution.
Find out more about these in-app advertisements below.
- Rewarded ads: as the name implies, it is used to get users to watch the ads freely to get their attention, after which they get rewards. Gamers get rewards like an extra life, weapons, game bonuses and so much more after watching the ads. Reports have shown that the rewarded ads are quite useful especially if the audience is interested in the app’s features.
- Playable ads: this type of ad is used by offering users a short version of the app. If for instance, your app is a game app, these users are giving the opportunity to play a level or two of the game and if they want to continue, they either have to pay or get a further installation. Either way, playable ads have been known to improve retention of up to 40%.
- Video ads: video advertisement is always on the rise and this makes it one of the easiest and fastest means of getting users. In-app advertisements are made possible on platforms that support VPAID or VAST formats.
- Banners: banners have been around for quite some time. However, the old ones can be annoying and turn your audience away. The good news is that banners are no longer limited to static square notifications. They can be rich media banners, interstitial and support interactive creatives. If used effectively, they can produce great results.
Use Organic Channels
Organic channels are another means of getting users to use and stay active on your app. The amazing thing is that you don’t need a robust budget before you can get your potential users and get them to see why they should sign up. The different organic channels that you can look into including the following.
- App Store Optimization (APO): use keywords that are popular in your app niche to get your potential users.
- Website: Build a website that showcases all the features and benefits of your app and a direct link to help your visitors download your app.
- Social media: use it to your advantage. Connect with existing users and potential ones.
App advertisers acquisition strategies that deliver will help you go to bed at night knowing fully well that, not only have you provided value to your users, but also, that you have thousands of new ones coming in. The steps and tips to follow include segmenting based on values and interest, knowing the right ads format and using the necessary organic channels. These are some of the ways to help you get the results you desire.